Registered
52 Posts
Here’s an interesting chart I came across-

Hyundai Creta 2020 (ix25)Hyundai Creta(current-gen)Kia Seltos
Length4300mm4270mm4315mm
Width1790mm1780mm1800mm
Height1622mm1665mm1620mm
Wheelbase2610mm2590mm2613mm

The new Creta will definitely look bigger and have more space on the inside compared to the current-gen!
@trailmaker_666
thanks for this comparison, the Creta does seem like a strong competitor with regard to the dimensions.
The MG hector would be a very clear winner in terms of length, but when looked at from the side profile looks like a wannabe SUV which is actually an elongated MPV.
what would be the price differences in the range-topping/top-end models between the harrier, compass, hector, seltos, and the creta? Price is a very sensitive thing in India and bang for your buck is of huge importance amongst car buyers. Creta and seltos range from 9L to 19L covering a very wide bracket of options and trims it looks like they have thought of something for everyone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Tata harrier is set to come out with a 7 seater automatic version, could it be that this auto expo would be showcasing this new model? The harrier exterior wise does look like a landrover in many ways, only if it came with the AWD terrain response system from the JLR family and a robust automatic gearbox it would be a clear winner.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Tata harrier is set to come out with a 7 seater automatic version, could it be that this auto expo would be showcasing this new model? The harrier exterior wise does look like a landrover in many ways, only if it came with the AWD terrain response system from the JLR family and a robust automatic gearbox it would be a clear winner.
YES! Tata should be taking the edge they have in AWD and 4WD tech from the land rover team and implement them in their offerings so that they can have an edge over the competition.
what happened to the Tamo Racemo? looked like an interesting car to play around.
Tata is taking out a few performance-oriented models in their offering as of now like the Tiago JTP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just checked the Hyundai website, the Santa Fe and the Sonata both are not on sale in India. The sonata was taken away that i know of but the Santa Fe too? why is Hyundai closing down its higher segment cars? Is there an updated Santa Fe that will be launched at the Expo?

·
Registered
49 Posts
@trailmaker_666
thanks for this comparison, the Creta does seem like a strong competitor with regard to the dimensions.
The MG hector would be a very clear winner in terms of length, but when looked at from the side profile looks like a wannabe SUV which is actually an elongated MPV.
what would be the price differences in the range-topping/top-end models between the harrier, compass, hector, seltos, and the creta? Price is a very sensitive thing in India and bang for your buck is of huge importance amongst car buyers. Creta and seltos range from 9L to 19L covering a very wide bracket of options and trims it looks like they have thought of something for everyone.
Both the Creta and Seltos are undercutting the segment below and over cutting the segment above with their wide range of trim and variants. They are fighting with the smaller Brezza segment and also the larger harrier segment by being in the sweet spot. The range of choice within the cars has helped all types of audiences to own the car in some form that they can afford.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got confirmation on the launch of 2020 creta at the auto expo happening this Feburary.
Saw the diamond cut projector head lights and they look amazing.
The light cluster at the front and back have received a major rework.
Look forward for more spec details very soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Cannot wait to see the new Creta in person. I will be attending the 2020 Auto Expo and will get my hands on it. Will be posting some images and a walkaround video as well. Will get a clear idea on the dimensions of the car in real life. Anyone else attending the auto expo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
EPq16--UwAAiW3w.jpeg

Hyundai has been tweeting about this officially now from the last few days, I guess this is what it's gonna look like!
Minus the high profile tyres and the sloping roofline though😅

Love how all concepts are now very close to the actual production models. I remember the Concept S that Kia motors showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo and how close the actual product finally looked like!

Look at the success that it got. But I have to say, this can be a gamechanger if priced right.

What about those 6 months waiting period for the Kia Seltos now?

Will those buyers shift to the Creta? @drivingsaint

·
Registered
49 Posts
View attachment 11

Hyundai has been tweeting about this officially now from the last few days, I guess this is what it's gonna look like!
Minus the high profile tyres and the sloping roofline though😅

Love how all concepts are now very close to the actual production models. I remember the Concept S that Kia motors showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo and how close the actual product finally looked like!

Look at the success that it got. But I have to say, this can be a gamechanger if priced right.

What about those 6 months waiting period for the Kia Seltos now?

Will those buyers shift to the Creta? @drivingsaint
THE CRETA 2020 has been confirmed and the automotive world is looking forward eagerly towards the launch of this good looking car.
agreed @iamsid these low profile tyres won't last a minute on our broken Indian roads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Please watch the official teaser of the Hyundai Creta 2020 in the link above.
The video clearly shows the vehicle to have a panoramic sunroof.
Finally, our wishes are being heard by someone.
The headlight does look very classy during the night.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hyundai has also confirmed the launch of a facelifted Verna, and Tuscon.
In other news the Tata Harrier, a rival to the Creta in the price range is also being launched with a more powerful tune approximately 170 HP, a panoramic sunroof and an automatic transmission.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In other news the Tata Harrier, a rival to the Creta in the price range is also being launched with a more powerful tune approximately 170 HP, a panoramic sunroof and an automatic transmission.
Furthermore, we might see the introduction of the i30 and the performance iterations of the Hyundai brand.
The i30 is powered by a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder.
The performance branch of Hyundai is named as 'N'.
Apart from the i30, a few other models will be launched under the performance-oriented N brand.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cannot wait to see the new Creta in person. I will be attending the 2020 Auto Expo and will get my hands on it. Will be posting some images and a walkaround video as well. Will get a clear idea on the dimensions of the car in real life. Anyone else attending the auto expo?
Eagerly waiting for these updates @trailmaker_666. Please shed some light on the details of the hardware of this car as soon as you receive information on it. Brakes being a primary concern, does the elongated wheelbase bring about more space in the cabin as well as the increase in the cargo space?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes!! our prayers are being answered at last. Harrier is reaching towards a desirable product for the more polished client. There is a heavy launch list of electric vehicles this auto expo, Mahindra is set to launch 5 new EV's and one of them will be the new XUV500 which will be launched with diesel and petrol engines later this year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mercedes Benz launched the New GLE in 300d and 400d avatars.
The GLE400d is a CBU and has a suffix of hip-hop edition due to the air suspension that can do the lowrider jump while standing and moving around.
price of the CBU unit is approx 1.2 crores ex-showroom. No petrol options are available as of now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Furthermore, we might see the introduction of the i30 and the performance iterations of the Hyundai brand.
The i30 is powered by a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder.
The performance branch of Hyundai is named as 'N'.
Apart from the i30, a few other models will be launched under the performance-oriented N brand.
I have heard that the Hyundai NIOS will also get the 'N' treatment. Performance brands have gotten mixed reviews in India during earlier launches, for example, the Abarth punto, the Baleno RS( which got discontinued a few weeks ago due to weak sales).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maruti Suzuki is shifting to all petrol-powered cars as diesel BS6 standards require them to put in lot of R&D.
Does this mean petrol cars are going to uphold their resale value better in India now?
A new Brezza facelift and a new S-cross both with petrol engines are going to be showcased at the auto expo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please watch the official teaser of the Hyundai Creta 2020 in the link above.
The video clearly shows the vehicle to have a panoramic sunroof.
Finally, our wishes are being heard by someone.
The headlight does look very classy during the night.
This is good news, we should get some more info on the Specs, cargo capacity, engine sizes, and trim options.
A lot of tech and gizmos are supposed to be offered this update with the incorporation of the blue link technology.
wireless charging, mobile phone activated features like AC, central locking and many more.
The waterfall screen that i had a glimpse of covers almost all entirety of the central dashboard.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe Sub 5 meter SUV's are the highest volume generators in the country at the moment and also one of the most cutthroat rivalries exists amongst them. Automobile manufacturers are constantly trying to outsmart and outdo each other in these segment wars.
Current contenders include the compass, harrier, hector, seltos, creta, brezza, and xuv300.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Safety should be one of our top priorities in cars and should be above the fuel efficiency for sure while purchasing a vehicle.
Indians on a large scale are obsessed with fuel figures and do not even consider Euro NCAP rating of a vehicle.
India has very low safety standards in terms of road safety, the same road has a 3 wheeled auto with no airbags, seatbelts or even doors alongside cars and motorcycles.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts