Hyundai Creta Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I truly think that all driving licences should be cancelled and only educated enough people who pass a rigorous driving test should be allowed to drive.
There is utter havoc in India with regard to traffic rules compliance, this can only change with a bold move towards betterment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Recently the electric bike company Ather has come out with a version that has a bigger battery. Ather is also allowing to use the vehicle on a subscription basis. The buyout price is approx 1.5 lac. subscriptions are around 2000rs/month.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BMW is skipping out on this auto expo.:( Would have loved to see the new Z4 in person. Toyota should also launch their new Supra in the Indian market alongside the Z4.
That being said the country is in dire need of tracks for people to enjoy their machines.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I believe Sub 5 meter SUV's are the highest volume generators in the country at the moment and also one of the most cutthroat rivalries exists amongst them. Automobile manufacturers are constantly trying to outsmart and outdo each other in these segment wars.
Current contenders include the compass, harrier, hector, seltos, creta, brezza, and xuv300.
correct, this is a very competitive segment and all manufacturers are always throwing new tricks to attract the customers.
As long as the requirements of the customers are being met, better late than never.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I truly think that all driving licences should be cancelled and only educated enough people who pass a rigorous driving test should be allowed to drive.
There is utter havoc in India with regard to traffic rules compliance, this can only change with a bold move towards betterment.
An interesting proposition would cripple the transport sector but would also make Indian roads much safer than before.
Maybe we can reduce and better manage traffic by making different roads for 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
BMW is skipping out on this auto expo.:( Would have loved to see the new Z4 in person. Toyota should also launch their new Supra in the Indian market alongside the Z4.
That being said the country is in dire need of tracks for people to enjoy their machines.
The supra is a sleek looking car, the Japanese have styled the exterior after the Toyota FT-1.
Wish other companies also start to locally assemble sports cars so we can get a price drop and be closer to afford such machines.
Andhra Pradesh is offering incentives to auto manufacturers to set up production facilities there, other manufacturers should also look to set base there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Recently the electric bike company Ather has come out with a version that has a bigger battery. Ather is also allowing to use the vehicle on a subscription basis. The buyout price is approx 1.5 lac. subscriptions are around 2000rs/month.
BS6 has all manufacturers running about. There seems to be a heavy push towards Electric vehicles, with all the blackouts and inconsistent power grids I don't think India is ready for EV's. We don't even have properly managed parking spaces in most buildings.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just checked the Hyundai website, the Santa Fe and the Sonata both are not on sale in India. The sonata was taken away that i know of but the Santa Fe too? why is Hyundai closing down its higher segment cars? Is there an updated Santa Fe that will be launched at the Expo?
Does not seem that the santa fe will make a reappearance. Sonata in its first generation was a good success in India, but since then it was never able to achieve the same type of glory again, I hope we get the intensely specced out sonata in our market again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Safety should be one of our top priorities in cars and should be above the fuel efficiency for sure while purchasing a vehicle.
Indians on a large scale are obsessed with fuel figures and do not even consider Euro NCAP rating of a vehicle.
India has very low safety standards in terms of road safety, the same road has a 3 wheeled auto with no airbags, seatbelts or even doors alongside cars and motorcycles.
The swiss had one of the most road accidents in a year at one point, improving their safety standards gave rise to innovations and reduction in motor accident fatalities.
Volvo also came to fame post the stringent safety laws implemented in Sweden.
India needs to reanalyze its strategies towards road safety.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Furthermore, we might see the introduction of the i30 and the performance iterations of the Hyundai brand.
The i30 is powered by a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder.
The performance branch of Hyundai is named as 'N'.
Apart from the i30, a few other models will be launched under the performance-oriented N brand.
Now we are talking! good job Hyundai! It is time that you entered the market with some serious performance products.
Indians like speed too, its just that we lack closed roads without pedestrians and wildlife. The government should provide more for the amount of money they take when registering our vehicles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
VW group has showcased the Taigun Suv at the auto expo currently.
Another contender in the sub 5 meter suv segment.
Looks like a nicely packaged car with decent amount of space.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The new hyundai creta has been launched and has met most of the expectations that we had in mind. Details and pictures from the auto show will be posted shortly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Vw has also entered the market with the Taigun competing in the sub 5 meter urban Suv market. The taigun competes against the likes of the brezza and venue.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is reason to believe that the new Creta might be showcased at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020 due to spy shots of a testing vehicle, let's keep our fingers crossed!
A few expectations from the update according to me would be;
1.Bluelink integration
2.An integrated touchscreen panel
3.Full-time 4wheel drive( maybe to rival the jeep compass?)
4. Disc brakes on all 4 corners(1st gen brakes lacked the bite )
5.Panoramic sunroof/moonroof
6.Ventilated seats front and rear(let us all chill)
7.Plush ride (read: pothole eating suspension setup like the current generation Creta)
8. A Dual Clutch Transmission (the venue has it... come on Hyundai!)
9. LED projector headlights( as seen in the picture above)
10. Trickling down of the 1.4 Liter turbo petrol from the Seltos?
Well, this was a good ten pointer list.
Hyundai has launched the new Creta and the blue link, touchscreen, panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, dual-clutch transmission, LED headlight cluster, and the 1.4 turbo petrol motor have made it into the offerings.
AWD and All disc brakes might have been given a miss.
I would say that only due to all discs not being there would cause me to go towards the Seltos.
Hyundai can offer all discs as an option for customers who require a better brake feel than others.
Apart from 2 points Hyundai has come true to the other 8.
Maybe the vehicle that hits showrooms in March 2020 will have a few changes.
eagerly waiting for more updates.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Vw has also entered the market with the Taigun competing in the sub 5 meter urban Suv market. The taigun competes against the likes of the brezza and venue.
Yes skoda and vw have also prepared for competing in the sub 5 meter Suv market in 2020.
Kia too will be launching a sub 4 meter Suv soon.
Lots of SUV's coming in the market this year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Furthermore, we might see the introduction of the i30 and the performance iterations of the Hyundai brand.
The i30 is powered by a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder.
The performance branch of Hyundai is named as 'N'.
Apart from the i30, a few other models will be launched under the performance-oriented N brand.
Even though there was a showcase of the i30 N at the auto expo 2020 but there is no confirmation of the car making it to India.
On the other hand, the new Skoda Octavia RS245 limited to 200 units in India has been confirmed. Priced at 36 lacs ex-showroom, bookings start on march 1st through online medium only.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, this was a good ten pointer list.
Hyundai has launched the new Creta and the blue link, touchscreen, panoramic sunroof, ventilated seats, dual-clutch transmission, LED headlight cluster, and the 1.4 turbo petrol motor have made it into the offerings.
AWD and All disc brakes might have been given a miss.
I would say that only due to all discs not being there would cause me to go towards the Seltos.
Hyundai can offer all discs as an option for customers who require a better brake feel than others.
Apart from 2 points Hyundai has come true to the other 8.
Maybe the vehicle that hits showrooms in March 2020 will have a few changes.
eagerly waiting for more updates.
thanks @drivingsaint
I too believe that all-round disc brakes should be an option at least. hopefully, we do get this option.
Maybe asking for an AWD was over-optimism from my side. 8/10 is not a bad score :p
I saw that Vw, Skoda, Kia, Tata and a few others had a lot of new upcoming models in their line up at the auto expo 2020.
let us start comparing ASAP.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Even though there was a showcase of the i30 N at the auto expo 2020 but there is no confirmation of the car making it to India.
On the other hand, the new Skoda Octavia RS245 limited to 200 units in India has been confirmed. Priced at 36 lacs ex-showroom, bookings start on march 1st through online medium only.
Skoda Octavia RS245!! yes! the price bump from last year's model is quite significant though almost 6 to 8 lac more premium. i30 still need a confirmation yes :(
A lot of manufacturers have offered only petrol engines in India like in the Skoda Kodiaq.Audi too has taken the petrol initiative in the A6 range.

·
Registered
123 Posts
YES! Tata should be taking the edge they have in AWD and 4WD tech from the land rover team and implement them in their offerings so that they can have an edge over the competition.
what happened to the Tamo Racemo? looked like an interesting car to play around.
Tata is taking out a few performance-oriented models in their offering as of now like the Tiago JTP.
The tata sierra and the tata harrier 7 seater called gravitas was seen at the auto expo.
sierra being an electric, the gravitas was not showcased with the said features but it is possible that with the launch later this year we may get an auto box, a sunroof and all discs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The tata sierra and the tata harrier 7 seater called gravitas was seen at the auto expo.
sierra being an electric, the gravitas was not showcased with the said features but it is possible that with the launch later this year we may get an auto box, a sunroof and all discs.
The Ford endeavor is now available only with a 2.0 diesel engine mated to a 10 speed automatic transmission.
Making about 170 hp, this down size might bring down the prices of the current vehicle and eating into the sub 4.5m segment too.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts