Hyundai Creta Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kia sonet looked Like a very appealing product at the expo, expecting it to launch mid 2020.
Skoda vision concept is also a strong contender along with the vw taigun.
Eagerly waiting for the suv battles to start this season.
After the biggest hit during the decade economically by the auto industry, new measures have been adopted to cater to customer demands along with the new government regulations of BS 6 emissions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BS6 has all manufacturers running about. There seems to be a heavy push towards Electric vehicles, with all the blackouts and inconsistent power grids I don't think India is ready for EV's. We don't even have properly managed parking spaces in most buildings.
I would like to make an announcement.
automobile manufacturers are giving high discounts on bs4 cars.
This is the best time to cash in on the deal as post-march bs4 cars/bikes will not be registered in India.
Bs6 approaching the dealers are offering great deals on existing stock.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kia sonet looked Like a very appealing product at the expo, expecting it to launch mid 2020.
Skoda vision concept is also a strong contender along with the vw taigun.
Eagerly waiting for the suv battles to start this season.
After the biggest hit during the decade economically by the auto industry, new measures have been adopted to cater to customer demands along with the new government regulations of BS 6 emissions.
Morris garages (MG) also have showcased the hector plus which is a 6/7 seater SUV, looks more like an MPV in my perspective.
MG also showcased its new full-size SUV, this product will be called the Gloster.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A Chinese manufacturer named HAVAL also debuted at the auto expo 2020. Offerings were F5 a mid-size SUV, H9 a full blown ladder-frame SUV, and a plug-in hybrid concept H.
MG also got a new SUV and sedan crossover that it will launch in 2020 pitting it against the likes of Hyundai elantra and Skoda Octavia.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maruti Suzuki have gone all petrol in their product range to adhere to the government-enforced BS6 requirements.
The stable showcased the Jimny at the auto expo for the purpose of public response but no launch is confirmed yet.
Jimny is a worthy offroader and a compact car to maneuver around Indian city roads.

·
Registered
111 Posts
VW has also entered the market with T-roc and Taigun SUV offerings. These Suv's look very sleek and understated in design but give away a rich feel as a whole.
T-roc might be a CBU and prices might go above 20L marker.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Mahindra FUnster EV is what the new XUV500 would be based on in terms of design, looks futuristic and modern and might bring back a good breadwinner for the Indian manufacturer Mahindra.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is the best time to cash in on the deal as post-march bs4 cars/bikes will not be registered in India.
Thanks for this update @Driving Saint
I approached a few dealerships and got a good amount of deals on bs4 cars.
Cars like Innova and Fortuner which never offered any discounts were being offered with 2 lac rs benefits.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Luxury car manufacturers are offering up to 10 lacs discount on particular bs4 models, time is of the essence is here.
Mercedes, Audi, JLR, Volvo all are pushing off their BS4 stock at good discounts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
VW has also entered the market with T-roc and Taigun SUV offerings. These Suv's look very sleek and understated in design but give away a rich feel as a whole.
T-roc might be a CBU and prices might go above 20L marker.
Bookings for the T-Roc is open. 4.3-meter length, 1.5 L petrol turbo engine. the car will be brought as a cbu unit and only come in one top-end trim.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Morris garages (MG) also have showcased the hector plus which is a 6/7 seater SUV, looks more like an MPV in my perspective.
MG also showcased its new full-size SUV, this product will be called the Gloster.
The current Mg hector is using chassis of the Captiva previously sold in India by GM.
This explains why the car seems so stretched out when looked at from the side profile.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bookings for the T-Roc is open. 4.3-meter length, 1.5 L petrol turbo engine. the car will be brought as a cbu unit and only come in one top-end trim.
I just saw a comparison between the T-roc and the venue.
I did not know the t roc was the size of a venue, i expected it to be the size of a creta or something.
20 lac for a car specced compared to a venue does not look like a viable option for the vw group as of now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, VW has been under the radar off late and they seriously need to sort out their product portfolio. Compact SUV's are the most promising segment right now and VW needs to have a well-specced- competitively priced model in there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, VW has been under the radar off late and they seriously need to sort out their product portfolio. Compact SUV's are the most promising segment right now and VW needs to have a well-specced- competitively priced model in there.
Agreed. Vw has not been competing in the most voluminous segment just yet.
The T-roc seema like a good offering but if the price is above 17L ex showroom i dont think the size would justify the price in any way.
Tiguan all space has also come into being and it is a 7 seater.
Vw need a decently priced mid segment suv to do their selling, if the Taigun is assembled in india maybe we could see a product in the particular range.

·
Registered
111 Posts
thanks @drivingsaint
I too believe that all-round disc brakes should be an option at least. hopefully, we do get this option.
Maybe asking for an AWD was over-optimism from my side. 8/10 is not a bad score :p
I saw that Vw, Skoda, Kia, Tata and a few others had a lot of new upcoming models in their line up at the auto expo 2020.
let us start comparing ASAP.
Our wishes did come true an all-disc Creta is finally here.
The battle of the SUV's is yet to commence all over again.
We will be closely looking at the sales figures and comparing the market shares of all offerings within the sub 20 lac segment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree, does anyone have an exact figure on the boot space of the new Creta? How much is it in comparison to the Kia Seltos?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree, does anyone have an exact figure on the boot space of the new Creta? How much is it in comparison to the Kia Seltos?
Seltos currently has a 433-liter boot and the new Creta will also be having a similar boot space as both cars are nearly identical.
Currently i am unsure of the exact liters of boot space but it should match with the seltos or even exceed it by a bit.
The previous gen creta had a larger boot of 475 liter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So finally Hyundai has revealed the prices of the Hyundai Creta starting at 9.99 lac and topping out at 17.2 lac ex-showroom.
Presently available in 5 trim levels.
Even the base trim gets abs and airbags as a standard option along with all power windows.
Ventilated seats are restricted to the SX(o) trim. what a bummer right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Wow, looks like they have undercut the Kia Seltos pricing, have they? Can anyone get me on road pricing and compare it side by side with the Kia Seltos?

61 - 80 of 81 Posts