Hyundai Creta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am facing a bit of a dilemma here, I am in the market with a budget of around Rs.15-20 lakhs, I have the option of buying a used 3 series -320d (2-litre diesel) or a new Kia Seltos (top spec AT).

My commute every day is around 40 kms in crowded city traffic and I plan to take longer drives over the weekend, what do you guys have to say?

I've come across many used offering on online portals, what do you guys suggest? I know you can't really compare a Beemer's driving dynamics with a Kia/Hyundai but I am simply comparing from a price point perspective.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you shed some more light on certain things-

• What Model Year BMW are you looking for?
  • How many passengers will you carry over the weekend/long drives?
  • Any Speed breakers/ bad roads on your commute?
  • How much are you willing to shell on maintenance per service interval?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi guys

I am facing a bit of a dilemma here, I am in the market with a budget of around Rs.15-20 lakhs, I have the option of buying a used 3 series -320d (2-litre diesel) or a new Kia Seltos (top spec AT).

My commute every day is around 40 kms in crowded city traffic and I plan to take longer drives over the weekend, what do you guys have to say?

I've come across many used offering on online portals, what do you guys suggest? I know you can't really compare a Beemer's driving dynamics with a Kia/Hyundai but I am simply comparing from a price point perspective.
This is not a straight comparison for sure but it is an interesting proposition for a car buyer.
You have a choice of going for a brand new car with all the gadgets and gizmos or going for a luxury car that is well above your range if not looking in the pre-owned market.
As this is not a apple to apple comparison the spectrum of pros and cons is much wider than just deciding between cars of the same segment.
40km is not high amount of running on a daily basis, but driving 40km at speeds below 5kmph and at a constant speed of 60 makes a whole lot of difference when choosing between a petrol and a diesel engine option.
@iamsid i will definitely try to help you out here in trying to lay out these pros and cons.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can you shed some more light on certain things-

• What Model Year BMW are you looking for?
  • How many passengers will you carry over the weekend/long drives?
  • Any Speed breakers/ bad roads on your commute?
  • How much are you willing to shell on maintenance per service interval?
well if you are looking within the range of a Creta or Seltos the range toppers will be around the 19 L mark.
considering that we can find 3 series in the market within production wear 2013 to 2015.
320d f30 is a solid car and gives a decent fuel economy also.
The Indian model has a plusher suspension set up and takes Indian roads with decent compliance.
maintenance is around 30k per annum approx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, let's also factor in the cost of timing belt replacement or a turbo overhaul, even then it wouldn't be much. That 2.0-litre pot should be good enough for city traffic and also easy on the pocket when it comes to maintenance. By easy I mean in comparison the German lala land of maintenance in India!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do expect an annual service close to 30k rupees.
Apart from that you just have to hope that nothing goes bad in the car, electronically and mechanically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts